My passion for visual storytelling began at a young age, from designing marketing materials for my summer snow cone stand, to writing, filming and editing silly home videos. Early career highlights include the short story, “Sam-X: My Cat as an Undercover Secret Agent”, and the critically acclaimed talk show “Wacky Discussions”, which was co-hosted with a friend and received a 10/10 rating by our moms. No matter the tool or visual medium, I continue to learn and tell stories today.
In the Spring of 2018, I graduated magna cum laude from Pacific Lutheran University with an individualized major in Digital Media, and a minor in Communication. During my time at PLU, I was an active member of the student-run media organization, MediaLab. In addition to serving as MediaLab’s General Manager for nearly two years, I worked with other students to produce content for organizations in the community, and created several award-winning documentaries.
Today, I am an Associate Designer at C+C, a social marketing and PR agency in Seattle, WA.
Awards + Recognitions
A World of Difference documentary series
- Nominated for two 2018 College Division Emmy Awards in the long form non-fiction category by the Northwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
- Bronze Award in the Promotion category from the Astrid Design Awards
- Finalist (Top 3) in the Best Documentary category from the Student World Awards
- See more recognitions on the A World of Difference project page
Changing Currents documentary
- Nominated for a 2017 College Division Emmy Award in the long form non-fiction category by the Northwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
- First Place Grand Prize Award in the long-form documentary category from the National Broadcasting Society (NBS-aeRho)
- Mark of Excellence Finalist in the in-depth reporting category from the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) Region 10
- See more recognitions on the Changing Currents project page
Pacific Lutheran University
- Student Life Award: Leadership through Collaboration
- Office of Student Engagement: Pinnacle Society
- Phi Kappa Phi honor society member